Title 1-C Migrant Education Program
Do you fish, process fish, log, or farm? Title I-C is a federally funded program serving Migrant Education Children.
Migrant Education Children are:
- Children birth to 20 years old who have not graduated from high school.
- They travel or move with a parent or guardian for commercial fishing, subsistence fishing, fish processing, logging, or farming. Children over 14 years of age that have also worked in one of these migrant activities may qualify on their own.
- The move or travel is a minimum of 7 nights & 8 days over the course of a year. The days and nights do not need to be consecutive or the move/travel may be permanent.
- In Kodiak, the move/travel must be a minimum of 20 miles from the child’s home for fishing or fish processing activities.
- Please review the eligibility information. Your family may qualify for Migrant Education Benefits.
If you are an existing Migrant Education Family, please review the benefits, services, and resources available to your children below.
If you have questions or need more information about the KIBSD Migrant Education Program please contact the Federal Programs Office at (907) 486-7569.
Recruitment, Eligibility & Benefit Information:
New eligible Migrant Education Children can be signed up or “recruited” at any time during the year. We focus on recruiting new families in the fall, however, if you feel you may qualify, please contact us regardless of the time of year.
Fill out the Migrant Education Screening Survey and return it to the KIBSD Federal Programs Office or deliver it to your school’s Title 1-C Aide. It will be reviewed and if we determine you may qualify, you will be contacted for more information. The State of Alaska makes all final determinations regarding eligibility.
The Migrant Messenger is the monthly newsletter of the Migrant Education Program, and our mailing list is the best way to receive the latest news regarding the program. Anyone can subscribe now. If your child is participating in the Migrant Education Program, this is the best way to keep tabs on the latest services. If you are simply interested in the program, please sign up now.
Extra Services Form
If you are the parent or guardian of a migrant child currently enrolled in the program, please take a minute to choose from our extra services options using the form below.