Apply for a Job
The Kodiak Island Borough School District is hiring! Submit an application today! Kodiak Island Borough School District – Frontline Recruitment
- KIBSD is one of the largest employers in Kodiak and we have incredible job opportunities both in and out of the classroom.
- There are 4 elementary schools, one middle school, one high school and one homeschool/distance education program in the City of Kodiak. There are seven outlying Alaska Native rural villages on the island, accessible only by boat or small plane. One rural community is accessible via the road system.
- We offer medical/dental/vision insurance, health savings accounts (HSA), Retirement Plans, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid holidays and more!
- You’ll also enjoy breaks off based on these calendars (link to workday calendars page)!
Types of Positions
- KIBSD’s offers a variety of certificated positions: classroom teachers, special education teachers, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech language pathologists, and school psychologists.
- Our certificated positions require a teaching certificate from the Alaska Department of Education. For more information about teacher certification, see Teacher Certification – Education and Early Development.
- Classified staff members hold positions both in and out of the classroom. The types of positions range from classroom aides to secretarial staff, to our custodial and maintenance team. These positions help our schools function every day for our students.
- Substitutes help our schools stay open when we need extra support with a wide variety of positions. We have substitute openings for teachers, nurses, classroom aides, secretarial staff, and more. For more information, visit the substitutes page.
- Crossing Guards
- Crossing guards help keep our students safe, especially in the winter months. They work two shifts each day that students attend classes at the intersections of Mill Bay and Birch, Rezanoff and Powell, Benny Benson and Rezanoff, and Benny Benson and Mill Bay.
- Bus Drivers
- Apply to FIRSTstudent | First Transit or call 907-486-3600 with questions.
- Extra-duty Positions
- Extra-duty positions are part-time roles that work with students on specific activities or athletic programs. These have set contracted payment amounts and hours that are worked. Our coaches and activities directors are extra-duty positions. For more information, visit the extra-duty positions page.
- These unpaid positions can help both in the classroom and in extracurricular activities. Get involved today, visit the volunteers page