Active parent participation is the most influential factor impacting children’s success in school. We hope that you’ll find a comfortable opportunity to be involved at Main Elementary.
At School: always check in the office first
- Help out in your child’s classroom. Tell the teacher what types of classroom work you’re comfortable doing.
- Drop by at lunchtime and eat with your child.
- Come and play at recess time, after checking in at the office.
- Volunteer as a guest presenter – share your talents.
- Help in the computer lab.
- Participate in field trips and special projects.
- Attend conferences and other events that happen in your child’s classroom.
- At Home: Ask about your child’s schoolwork every day.
- Read with your child every day.
- Look at homework and ask your child questions.