Kodiak Emergency Operations Center COVID-19 Case Update November 23, 2020
Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 23, 2020
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has been notified of positive test results for COVID-19 associated with the Kodiak Island Borough.
Two (2) new cases have been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough. Both cases are under investigation for contraction of the virus.
This brings the case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough to two hundred and thirty-three
(233); sixty-seven (67) cases are classified as active. Twelve individuals have completed their isolation period and been removed from the active list.
The COVID-19 virus is spreading quickly in our community, please take appropriate precautions to keep yourself and our community healthy.
Wear a mask when in public!
If you aren’t feeling well, please stay home!
When planning travel, please also plan for a couple days off at home and testing before returning to normal activities in case you become ill.
Remember to limit social gatherings and maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others who are not in your household.
If you are not sick, please continue to take precautionary measures to stay healthy:
- Wear a mask/face covering when out in public
- Keep your social circles small and gatherings limited.
- Maintain social distancing (six feet of distancing between you and others) who are not in your household.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using a regular household detergent and water.