Return to Headlines
Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization COVID-19 Update No. 3
Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
For Immediate Release – March 24, 2020
ESC COVID-19 Update – No. 3
Kodiak, Alaska – As of March 24, 2020, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Kodiak.
- On Monday, March 23, 2020, the Emergency Services Council issued a “hunker down” proclamation, which is effective at 10:00pm Tuesday, March 24, 2020. By order of this proclamation, Kodiak residents shall stay home as much as possible, except to work in essential jobs, as listed in the proclamation. If a business is not on this list, and would like to request an opinion from the Emergency Services Director to have their business designated as essential, please email your request to PIO@city.kodiak.ak.us.
- On Monday, March 23, 2020, Governor Dunleavy issued two new Health Mandates, regarding travel and mandatory self-quarantine, and personal care services and gatherings statewide. These mandates can be found at www.coronavirus.alaska.gov.
- The Kodiak Community Support Team will be supporting residents sheltered in place who have needs from the community, including prescription pick-ups, groceries, deliveries, and more. To request assistance or to volunteer in this support effort, please contact 1-888-490-7907 or visit www.kodiakcommunity.com.
- Senior Citizen Tax Exemption card use by those other than the named cardholder has been authorized until further notice. Proxy shoppers may use a Senior Citizen Tax Exemption card by providing a note from the cardholder and the proxy shopper’s ID.
- A fax machine has been set up for public use in the lobby of the Kodiak Job Center, located at 211 Mission Road, available Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- In an effort to streamline communication with the public, the Kodiak EOC has developed its own Facebook page. Please follow Kodiak Emergency Operations Center on Facebook for current community updates and information.
- If you are sick, stay home, CALL your medical provider, and follow their instructions. If you do not have a regular health care provider, you may contact the Mill Bay Health Center (486-7300) or Kodiak Community Health Center (481-5000).
- Questions may be directed to the EOC Joint Information Center at 486-8970.