Parents, you’re always welcome at East Elementary!
We are always looking for ways to make it easy for parents to become involved in their child’s educational program. Recent education studies, including YEARS OF PROMISE: A COMPREHENSIVE LEARNING STRATEGY FOR AMERICA'S CHILDREN, which was released by the Carnegie Corporation, reveal that parental involvement can make the difference in a child's education. It's easy to get involved as a parent at East! There are jobs, projects and many new innovative ideas waiting for someone’s special talent or time. Those who cross the initial barrier and begin to spend time usually return ... as they quickly find out how fun, rewarding and exciting it is to learn with children. Here are a few activities that will provide an opportunity to “Make a Difference" in the quality of your child’s educational experience.
- Show your interest in your child’s schoolwork. Read with your child every day.
- Help out in your child’s classroom. Feel free to tell the teacher what types of classroom work you’re comfortable doing.
- Stop by during lunchtime to eat with your child. (Adult lunches are $3.75. Please call by 10:00 am to order one.)
- Come and play at recess time.
- Volunteer as a guest presenter if you have special skills or interests to share.
- Help out in the computer lab, before or after school.
- Assist with Family Activity Nights
- Work in the Office or Library
Interested family members should contact the school office at 481-6500 or a teacher if they are interested in helping somewhere in our school.