Parents at North Star – You’re always welcome!
We are always looking for ways to make it easy for parents to become involved in their child’s educational program. Recent education studies, including “Years of Promise: A Comprehensive Learning Strategy for America’s Children” which was released by the Carnegie Corporation, reveal that parental involvement increases student achievement. It’s easy to get involved as a parent at North Star! There are jobs, projects and many new innovative ideas waiting for someone’s special talent or time. Those who cross the initial barrier and begin to spend time usually return … as they quickly find out how fun, rewarding and exciting it is to learn with children. Here are a few activities that will provide an opportunity to “Make a Difference” in the quality of your child’s educational experience.
- Show your interest in your child’s schoolwork. Read with your child every day.
- Help out in your child’s classroom. Feel free to tell the teacher what types of classroom work you’re comfortable doing.
- Stop by during lunchtime to eat with your child.
- Come and play at recess time.
- Volunteer as a guest presenter if you have special skills or interests to share.
- Assist with Family Activity Nights
- Work in the Office or Library
Interested family members should contact the school office at 486-7500 or a teacher if they are interested in helping somewhere in our school.