The KVLA is shifting back to pre-pandemic practices. It is important to note that if you do not finish an online course in the semester, you will receive the grade you earn. That means you will receive a failing grade for an incomplete course. Please take note of this as you plan your online learning experience.
- If you have questions or need support, email the KVLA Team at: KodiakVirtualLearningAcademy@kibsd.org
- To access your classes, log into the Schoology app that is located on your iPad. Use Classlink if Schoology app isn’t working.
- Notes are REQUIRED. You will see notes assignments appear in all classes for all units by the designated date below.
- Students are expected to complete an orientation unit in their online course before they are granted access to the content.
- Content access will begin within 72 hours of enrollment with the Orientation Unit being the first required content.
- If you wish to challenge a course, the challenge application must be completed within the first week of the semester. You can only challenge courses that are on your grade level and in core content areas of: math, language arts, science, and social studies. Your challenge application must also be approved by the KHS administration.
- Students are expected to bring a charged iPad and earbuds every day.
- Students are expected to put their phones in a bag, backpack, or out of sight, unless the phone is in use for the class or the teacher has asked the students to use their phone.
- Announcements and valuable information can be found in Schoology and via email.
- Should we go to remote learning: there is no broadcast or Teams meeting for Independent Studies courses. The exception to this is French I and Intro to Education. More information will be sent out about that later.
- You are expected to log on and work in your independent studies classes for a minimum of 5 hours a week for each class. Be sure to schedule time to work on the course daily. Remote learning or not, this is the expectation.
- If you are extending a class, it will take us a few days to enter your previous progress. We thank you in advance for your patience. Please be sure to remind the KVLA team and your counselors that you are extending a course from the fall semester.
- If you plagiarize work, you will receive a 0 and we expect you to redo the assignment. You will receive an email and we will contact your parents. If you are caught plagiarizing a third time, the 0s for the assignments will become permanent. This can significantly impact your ability to pass the course. Cite your sources and demonstrate good academic integrity.
- August 29, 2022 First Day of School
- September 7, 2022 all course challenge applications must be complete.
- September 12, 2022 all notes assignments in classes
- January 13, 2023 all missing and late assignments due before finals
- January 18-20, 2023 finals
- January 24, 2023 all course challenge applications must be complete.
- January 31, 2023 all notes assignments in classes
- May 19, 2023 all missing and late assignments due before finals
- May 22-24, 2023 finals