Summer Learning Information & Expectations
If you choose to take a course over the summer, it will be your responsibility to make sure that you have:
- A computer with word processing, powerpoint, spreadsheet making capability, and flash player. Depending on the course, you may be asked to download software.
- Internet access for the computer.
- Someone who can help you if you get stuck or need tutoring.
- Check the Organizer to see you assignment calendar at least twice a week.
- Log on at least five days a week, dedicating 2-3 hours a day per class. If you are working on a full credit course, be prepared to dedicate even more time each day.
- Check your email in the Organizer and use the email to communicate to your course instructor weekly.
- Use online resources like Khan Academy to help you if you get stuck on a concept.
- If your family is traveling, camping, fishing or doing an activity that takes you away from internet access, plan ahead and work ahead.
- Contact AKTEACH staff in August to take the End of Course exam.
- End of Course Exam proctoring begins August 1 and goes through August 9, 2018. The exam can be done earlier by appointment.
Summer Online School Information
- Courses begin May 29, 2018 and end August 9, 2018.
- Final grades for courses will be submitted on August 13, 2018. There are no course extensions.
- Each regular course is $150.00.
- If you are interested in taking a World Languages or AP Course there is an additional $350.00 fee for the instructor, that means the course will cost $500.00.
- There are no refunds for course fees. If you do not finish the course, the grade you earned will go on your transcript.
- To pay for courses you can write a check to: KIBSD with a note in the memo that says “AKTEACH Online Course”.
- To pay with a credit card, let the counselor or person enrolling the student know and you will be able to pay for the course through PowerSchool.
- KHS or rural schools counselors can do the registration for students. We are only taking KMS students under special circumstances as reviewed by the Director of AKTEACH.