Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 14, 2022
Weekly COVID-19 Case Update
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has received new COVID-19 case information for the Kodiak Island Borough.
Two hundred and four (204) new cases have been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough since the last announcement on January 12, 2022:
- Four (4) cases were tested on 1/9/22
- Twenty-four (24) cases were tested on 1/10/22
- Forty-one (41) cases were tested on 1/11/22
- Three (3) of these cases are travel-related
- Ninety-six (96) cases were tested on 1/12/22
- One of these cases is travel-related
- Three (3) of these cases are non-residents
- Thirty-nine (39) cases were tested on 1/13/22
Unless otherwise specified, cases are classified as community spread.
The total case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough is now three thousand, eight hundred and eighteen (3818) with eight hundred and thirty-four (834) cases currently classified as active. There have been one hundred and six (106) local hospitalizations associated with COVID-19, and there are no active cases currently hospitalized in Kodiak. Nine (9) deaths associated with COVID-19 have been officially reported for the Kodiak Island Borough.
Get tested as soon as possible if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 Stay home and away from other people if you are not feeling well
Questions and concerns can be shared with the Emergency Operations Center by emailing PIO@city.kodiak.ak.us or by leaving a telephone message at (907) 486-8970.