Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 29, 2021
Weekly COVID-19 Case Update
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has received new COVID-19 case information for the Kodiak Island Borough.
Fifty-three (53) new cases have been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough:
- Thirteen (13) cases were tested on 12/21/21. Twelve (12) cases are non-resident travel-related cases
- Three (3) cases were tested on 12/22/21
- Seven (7) cases were tested on 12/23/21
- Twenty-four (24) cases were tested on 12/27/21. One (1) case is a non-resident travel-related case
- Six (6) cases were tested on 12/28/21. Two (2) cases are non-resident travel-related cases
Unless otherwise specified, cases are classified as community spread.
The total case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough is now two thousand, eight hundred and fifty-seven (2857) with fifty-five (55) cases currently classified as active. There have been one hundred and two (102) local hospitalizations associated with COVID-19, and there are no active cases currently hospitalized in Kodiak. Nine (9) deaths associated with COVID-19 have been officially reported for the Kodiak Island Borough.
COVID-19 IS A HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS THAT SPREADS EASILY FROM PERSON TO PERSON. Please follow the recommended protocols:
IF YOU FEEL ILL, even if symptoms are mild, stay away from other people until you can be tested for COVID-19.
Wear a mask when participating in indoor activities
Maintain social distance when around others not in your household.
Contact your health care provider or pharmacy if you wish to be VACCINATED.
Questions and concerns can be shared with the Emergency Operations Center by emailing PIO@city.kodiak.ak.us or by leaving a telephone message at (907) 486-8970.