November 16, 2021
KIBSD Staff & Families,
KIBSD is introducing a new COVID-19 related protocol.
This change is based on information and input from the Alaska Department of Public Health and our local Medical Advisory Committee.
In order to maximize staff and students’ ability to attend school, we are introducing a new optional “Test to Stay” protocol. This is designed to minimize the number of days individuals must be out of school due to quarantine for being a school based close contact. This program will allow staff and students to complete a multiple day testing routine so that classroom time and participation in activities is uninterrupted.
This option is available for:
- Individuals who are determined to be close contacts in the school setting and who have not tested positive in the past 90 days.
- Individuals who are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Individuals who are able to swab their own noses for testing.
Please see the attachments:
- “Test to Stay” details
- New Consent form related to all KIBSD testing.
- Other Quarantine options that remain available.
If you or your student have been notified of close contact status within the school setting, please work with your school nurse to develop a testing schedule. The new consent form located above is required for participation in any KIBSD testing program, regardless of previously completed consent forms. We urge you to review it thoroughly and submit it to your school nurse. Please continue to monitor yourself or your child for any symptoms and stay home if you feel ill. Thank you for your continued support.