Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 27, 2021
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has received new COVID-19 case information for the Kodiak Island Borough.
Eighty-five (85) new cases have been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough.
All cases are classified as Community Spread due to the workload of reporting staff and inability to immediately report all details.
- One (1) case was tested on 9/7/21
- Two (2) cases were tested on 9/14/21
- Four (4) cases were tested on 9/15/21
- One (1) case was tested on 9/16/21
- Two (2) cases were tested on 9/17/21
- Two (2) cases were tested on 9/20/21
- Two (2) cases were tested on 9/22/21
- Thirty-four (34) cases were tested on 9/23/21
- Twenty-seven (27) cases were tested on 9/24/21
- Seven (7) cases were tested on 9/25/21
- One (1) case was tested on 9/26/21
- Two (2) cases were tested on 9/27/21
The total case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough is now two thousand and eighty (2080) with two hundred and twenty-four (224) cases currently classified as active. There have been eighty (83) local hospitalizations associated with COVID-19, there are three (3) active cases currently hospitalized in Kodiak and one case was transferred off-island over the weekend. Seven (7) deaths associated with COVID-19 have been officially reported for the Kodiak Island Borough. Visit the Kodiak Dashboard at https://bit.ly/3s0zusB or the State of Alaska data hub at https://covid19.alaska.gov for additional statistics.
COVID-19 IS A HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS THAT SPREADS EASILY FROM PERSON TO PERSON.
A MASK MANDATE is in effect for public indoor activities.
IF YOU FEEL ILL, even if symptoms are mild, stay away from other people until you can be tested for COVID-19.
Contact a local medical clinic to be tested for COVID-19.
Maintain social distance when around others not in your household. Contact your health care provider or pharmacist to be vaccinated.
Questions and concerns can be shared with the Emergency Operations Center by emailing PIO@city.kodiak.ak.us or by leaving a telephone message at (907) 486-8970.