Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 22, 2021
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has received new COVID-19 case information for the Kodiak Island Borough.
Thirty-four (34) new cases have been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough.
- One (1) case was tested on 8/24/21
- This case was tested out of state and assumed to be travel related
- Two (2) cases were tested on 9/13/21
- Two (2) cases have unknown means of transmission
- Eight (8) cases were tested on 9/19/21
- Eight (8) cases have unknown means of transmission
- One (1) case was tested on 9/20/21
- This case is classified as community spread
- Twenty (20) cases were tested on 9/21/21
- One (1) case is travel related
- One (1) case has unknown means of transmission
- Ten (10) cases are close contacts of previously reported cases
- Eight (8) cases are classified as community spread
- Two (2) cases were tested on 9/22/21
- Both cases are classified as community spread
The total case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough is now one thousand, nine hundred and fifty-one (1951) with two hundred and three (203) cases currently classified as active. There have been seventy-eight (78) local hospitalizations associated with COVID-19, there are two (2) active cases currently hospitalized in Kodiak. Seven (7) deaths associated with COVID-19 have been officially reported for the Kodiak Island Borough. Visit the Kodiak Dashboard at https://bit.ly/3s0zusB for additional statistics.
COVID-19 IS A HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS THAT SPREADS EASILY FROM PERSON TO PERSON.
A MASK MANDATE is in effect for public indoor activities.
IF YOU FEEL ILL, even if symptoms are mild, stay away from other people until you can be tested for COVID-19.
Contact a local medical clinic to be tested for COVID-19.
Maintain social distance when around others not in your household.
Contact your health care provider or pharmacist if you wish to be vaccinated.
Questions and concerns can be shared with the Emergency Operations Center by emailing PIO@city.kodiak.ak.us or by leaving a telephone message at (907) 486-8970.