Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 14, 2021
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has received new COVID-19 case information for the Kodiak Island Borough.
Twenty-four (24) new cases have been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough.
- Two (2) cases were tested on 9/10/21
- Both cases are close contacts of a previously reported case
- Two (2) cases were tested on 9/11/21
- One (1) case is a close contact of a previously reported case
- One (1) case is classified as community spread
- Twenty (20) cases were tested on 9/13/21
- Eight (8) cases are close contacts of previously reported cases
- One (1) case is travel related
- Eleven (11) cases are classified as community spread
The total case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough is now one thousand, seven hundred and sixty-eight (1768) with one hundred and twelve (112) cases currently classified as active. There have been seventy-four (74) local hospitalizations associated with COVID-19, and there are two (2) active cases currently hospitalized in Kodiak. Seven (7) deaths associated with COVID-19 have been officially reported for the Kodiak Island Borough. Visit the Kodiak Dashboard at https://bit.ly/3s0zusB for additional statistics.
COVID-19 IS A HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS THAT SPREADS EASILY FROM PERSON TO PERSON.
A MASK MANDATE is in effect for public indoor activities. STAY HOME IF YOU FEEL ILL, even if symptoms are mild. Contact a local medical clinic to be tested for COVID-19.
Maintain social distance when around others not in your household.
Contact your health care provider or pharmacist if you wish to be vaccinated.
Questions and concerns can be shared with the Emergency Operations Center by emailing PIO@city.kodiak.ak.us or by leaving a telephone message at (907) 486-8970.