Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 28, 2021
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has received new COVID-19 case information for the Kodiak Island Borough.
The COVID-19 virus is highly contagious, and we are experiencing an outbreak of the virus in our community. Please continue to take appropriate precautions to keep yourself and our community healthy.
If you are sick or believe you have may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, please stay home and away from others.
Fourteen (14) new cases have been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough.
- Thirteen (13) cases were tested on 7/26/21
- One (1) case is a non-resident travel-related case
- Ten (10) cases are close contacts of previously reported cases
- Two (2) cases are considered community transmission
- One (1) case was tested on 7/27/21 and is considered community transmission
This brings the current case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough to one thousand, two hundred and five (1205); fifty-one (51) cases are classified as active locally.
To date, there have been a total of fifty (50) local hospitalizations and five (5) deaths associated with COVID-19. There are no active cases currently hospitalized in Kodiak.
If you have any questions, please contact the EOC Public Information Office at (907) 486-8970 and leave a message.