Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 25, 2021
KODIAK COVID-19 WEEKLY CASE UPDATE: June 19 – June 24, 2021
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has received new COVID-19 case information for the Kodiak Island Borough.
One (1) new case has been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough.
- One (1) case was tested on 6/2/21 and is travel-related
This brings the current case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough to one thousand, one hundred and thirty-six (1136); two (2) cases are classified as active locally.
To date, there have been a total of forty-nine (49) local hospitalizations and five (5) deaths associated with COVID-19. There are no active cases currently hospitalized in Kodiak.
The COVID-19 virus is highly contagious and is still present in our community; please continue to take appropriate precautions to keep yourself and our community healthy.
- Wash your hands often.
- Stay home and away from others if you are not feeling well!
- When planning travel, plan for a few days off at home and testing before returning to normal activities in case you have carried the virus with you.
- Contact your health care provider or local pharmacy if you wish to be vaccinated.
- Continue to wear a mask in public places if you are not vaccinated.