KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 18, 2021
KODIAK COVID-19 WEEKLY CASE UPDATE: June 11 – June 17, 2021
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has received new COVID-19 case information for the Kodiak Island Borough.
Two (2) new cases have been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough.
- One (1) case was tested on 6/12/21 and is travel-related
- One (1) case was tested on 6/16/21 and is considered community transmission
This brings the current case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough to one thousand, one hundred and thirty-five (1135); three (3) cases are classified as active locally.
To date, there have been a total of forty-nine (49) local hospitalizations and five (5) deaths associated with COVID-19. There are no active cases currently hospitalized in Kodiak.
The COVID-19 virus is highly contagious and is still present in our community; please continue to take appropriate precautions to keep yourself and our community healthy.
• Wash your hands often.
• Stay home and away from others if you are not feeling well!
• When planning travel, plan for a few days off at home and testing before returning to normal activities in case you have carried the virus with you.
• Contact your health care provider or local pharmacy if you wish to be vaccinated.
• Continue to wear a mask in public places if you are not vaccinated.