Kodiak Area Emergency Services Organization
KODIAK COVID-19 WEEKLY CASE UPDATE: May 28 – June 3, 2021
The Kodiak Emergency Operations Center has received new COVID-19 case information for the Kodiak Island Borough.
Two (2) new cases have been reported for the Kodiak Island Borough.
- One (1) case was tested on 6/1/21 and is a non resident travel case
- One (1) case was tested on 6/2/21 and the cause of transmission is under investigation
This brings the current case count associated with the Kodiak Island Borough to one thousand, one hundred and thirty-two (1132); six (6) cases are classified as active locally.
To date, there have been a total of forty-eight (48) local hospitalizations and five (5) deaths associated with COVID-19. There are no active cases currently hospitalized in Kodiak; one (1) case was admitted and then transported off island for a higher level of care during this past week.
The COVID-19 virus is highly contagious and is still present in our community; please continue to take appropriate precautions to keep yourself and our community healthy.
- Wash your hands often.
- Stay home and away from others if you are not feeling well!
- When planning travel, plan for a few days off at home and testing before returning to normal activities in case you have carried the virus with you.
- Contact your health care provider or local pharmacy if you wish to be vaccinated.
- Continue to wear a mask in public places if you are not vaccinated.