COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
KIBSD schools are now closed for the summer. Updates regarding fall classes will be shared as they become available.
Latest COVID-19 Information from the State of Alaska
The State of Alaska has created a new COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information website. This new site will feature resources from the Office of Governor Mike Dunleavy, Alaska Department of Health and Social Services, and Alaska Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
Latest COVID-19 Information from the City of Kodiak
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 10, 2020. 60 Confirmed Cases
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 7, 2020. 59 Confirmed Cases
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 5, 2020. 58 Confirmed Cases
KODIAK, ALASKA, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 5, 2020. 33 Confirmed Cases
Messages from Superintendent LeDoux
Letter from Dr. LeDoux with supporting documents on the KIBSD Smart Start Plan and Learning Options for Families. July 14, 2020
Letter to Families and KIBSD Employees from Superintendent Dr. LeDoux April 17, 2020
Letter to Parents/Guardians April 10, 2020
Letter to KIBSD Employees April 10, 2020
Letter to KHS Students March 27, 2020
Letter to KMS Students March 27, 2020
Letter to K-5 Students March 27, 2020
Letter to Parents/Guardians March 27, 2020
Social and Emotional Resources
KIBSD recognizes the importance of the social and emotional health of our students and families. Here are some links to resources that can guide you in working with your children and provide assistance with some of your family's critical needs. We hope that you and your family are staying safe, both physically and emotionally, during this time.
- Self-Care/Mental Health (Covid-19)
- ASCA Coronavirus Resources
- Ultimate Guide to Mental Health and Education Resources for Kids and Teens
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety about the Coronavirus
In addition to the resources listed above, please be sure to visit the Counseling Department section of your child's school website. Our counselors have been working hard to compile resources they feel will best serve their students.
How to protect yourself against COVID-19
Kodiak Community Agency Contact Information
- Alaska Care Line 1-877-266-4357 or text “4help” to 839863
- 24 Hour Kodiak Crisis Line (call or text) (907) 942-9015
- Providence Hospital/Emergency Room (907) 486-3281
- Providence Counseling Center (907) 481-2400
- Kodiak Community Health Center (KCHC) (907) 481-5000
- Kodiak Island Ambulatory Care Clinic (Urgent Care) (907) 486-6188
- KANA Mill Bay Health Center (907) 486-7300
- Kodiak Public Health Center (907) 486-3319
- State of Alaska Office of Children’s Services-1-800-478-4444
- Kodiak Police Department (Non-Emergency) (907) 486-8000
- Emergency 911
- Alaska State Troopers (Kodiak Post) (907) 486-4121
- USCG Base Kodiak Police (907) 487-5555
- Kodiak Community Support (907) 486-7656
This page is intended to provide information about COVID-19, precautions that are being taken and prevention measures you can take.
This page is not intended to be all-encompassing and should not be considered to be providing medical or legal advice. In all instances, you should consult with a relevant expert for guidance specific to your circumstances.