|General Procedures and Guidelines for Facility Use|
|Fees and Fee Addendum|
Community Schools Office
Rick Langfitt and Jenny Stevens
Office Phone: (907) 481-2598
What is the Community Schools Office?
The Community Schools Office acts as a liaison to coordinate activities between the schools and community. Responsibilities include:
1. Schedule and facilitate use of all school facilities after school hours, including, but not limited to, those activities sponsored by:
a. Kodiak Island Borough School District
b. City of Kodiak Parks and Recreation
c. Kodiak Arts Council
d. Kodiak College
e. Government agencies
f. School age youth groups
g. Non-profit organizations
h. Community business organizations
2. Schedule and facilitate special cultural events, including school residency programs by visiting artists, in conjunction with the Kodiak Arts Council.
3. Schedule and facilitate charter bus transportation for field trips and extra curricular enrichment programs for the town schools.
4. Prepare and maintain a calendar of school district and community activities scheduled in school district facilities.
5. Manage, maintain and supervise operation of the Gerald C. Wilson Auditorium complex, including a 500 seat main theater, two (2) 125 seat small theater/performance spaces, band room, dance studio, green room, scene shop, and costume shop. (The Gerald C. Wilson Auditorium complex is a community facility attached to the high school and middle school and is widely used by all school and community groups. For detailed technical information regarding the Auditorium, please see the Auditorium link on this site.)
Where is it?
The Community Schools Office is located in the lobby of the Gerald C. Wilson Auditorium. Office hours are 9 am – 5 pm, Monday - Friday. The answering machine is checked regularly.
Who to contact:
1. To arrange use of any school facility or the Auditorium, please contact: Rick Langfitt at 481-2595 (x2595) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines, facility rates and general procedures for use are available on the Guidelines link on this site.
2. Evening access to facilities for approved users is provided from 4 - 9 pm Mon - Fri, and Sat. from 8 am - 5 pm by Bob Reed, Community Schools Aide. For after hours assistance please call: 512-7469 – work cell or email@example.com
3. To request a bus for a school district activity, please contact: Jenny Stevens: 481-2598 (x2598) or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. To obtain information regarding Auditorium equipment, please contact: Tom Kjera 481-2598 or email@example.com
For detailed technical information regarding the Auditorium, please Click Here or go to the Auditorium Information link at the top of this page.